LIGHT & HEAVY DUTY TOW OPERATORS and MANAGERS
This job is no longer accepting applications.
****** LOOKING for our Painted Post location future Bath NY location.**** FULL TIME *****LIGHT & HEAVY DUTY TOW OPERATORS *** MANAGERS***
B & W Towing is a fast growing Towing and Recovery company in Corning/Painted Post NY.
** Soon we will be expanding into the Bath NY area JULY OF 2021****
Our goal is to set a new standard for roadside assistance. We have a fleet of more than 30-40 registered vehicles including Heavy and Light Duty Tow Trucks, Tractor & Trailers, Lowboys, Landoll trailers, and Service trucks. We strive to continue to provide a better customer experience. B & W Towing is seeking motivated and professional candidates to fill both full time, part time, weekend & Night positions for roadside assistance and recovery. We work closely with law enforcement and are on rotation for all law enforcement departments in the area. We also work with local mechanic and body repair shops.
Pay rate depends on experience and abilities related to driving, towing and recovery.
When coming to an interview you will need to bring you current medical physical card, Social Security Card and Drivers License with you.
You can call our dispatch number 607-377-5421 , just stop by in person to apply or email a resume.( Bandwtowing1@gmail.com)
General mechanical ability
Clean background and driving record
Willingness to work weekends and extended hours when needed
Ability to pass DOT physical
Ability to use mobile applications
Ability to problem solve
Professional attitude toward customers
• Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
• Follow appropriate safety procedures for transporting dangerous goods.
• Inspect loads to ensure that cargo is secure.
• Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
• Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers.
• Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
• Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
• Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required.
• Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products, livestock, or other materials.
• Check all load-related documentation for completeness and accuracy.
• Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
• Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes in compliance with state regulations.
• Couple or uncouple trailers by changing trailer jack positions, connecting or disconnecting air or electrical lines, or manipulating fifth-wheel locks.
• Check conditions of trailers after contents have been unloaded to ensure that there has been no damage.
• Operating Vehicles, Mechanized Devices, or Equipment.
• Inspecting Equipment, Structures, or Material
• Getting Information from customers and clients.
• Controlling Machines and Processes
• Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, and customers.
• Making Decisions and Solving Problems
• Documenting/Recording Information of customer and vehicle information.
• Performing General Physical Activities: such as not limited to : lock outs, jumpstarts, tire changes, minor mechanical repairs as needed.
SALARY DEPENDS ON LEVEL OF KNOWLEGE ****
Your application has been successfully submitted.