As an exclusive towing services provider for Orange County government; Rapid Incident Scene Clearance (RISC) rotation wrecker provider; and Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) law enforcement rotation provider, we are expanding our heavy duty specialized transport services and are hiring Heavy-DutyTow Truck Operators. All Operators must ensure the that company assets are operated in a secure manner consistent with company policies and procedures and in adherence with applicable local, state and US Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration rules and regulations.
The Heavy-Duty Tow Truck Operator must possess a Commercial Driver License (CDL) with “N”, “P” and “T” endorsements. A valid medical card is required. Safety Performance History Records will be requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Heavy-Duty Tow Truck Operator must possess at least 5 years’ experience in the following:
· Towing tractor-trailers, buses, box trucks, equipment and other medium and heavy duty vehicles and machinery
· Loading and unloading materials/equipment
· Keeping trip record on log; fuel usage log; and reports defects in the vehicle operated, accidents, traffic violations or damage to the vehicle.
· Must be available to work nights and weekends
Successfully pass drug tests in compliance with Company Policy, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations and Company's contractual requirements
Must submit to and pass complete background check
Certification in Rigging a plus
MOT training a plus
Ability to interact with courtesy, sympathy, understanding, and maintain a professional demeanor at all times
Possess strong ethics - treats people with respect, keeps commitments, inspires trust in others, works with integrity and upholds organizational values
Team work - Exhibits objectivity and openness to other's views, give and welcomes feedback, contributes to building positive morale
Previous supervisory and/or managerial experience a plus
Education & Specialized Knowledge:
· High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
· Must be 23 years old or older due to meet insurance requirements
· Attention to detail
· Able to meet daily deadlines efficiently, work well under stress, and in inclement weather conditions
· Knowledge of geographic areas of operation by the type of transport driven (in-town, in- state and interstate and vehicle size)
· Basic computer and data entry skills required
· Effective time management skills required
AATR Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a condition of employment, candidates are required to sign a drug and alcohol free workplace agreement. Following an offer of employment, and prior to starting employment, individuals must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol tests. These tests will be paid for by AATR Orlando. CDL drivers must pass a complete physical and pre-employment drug and alcohol screen prior to starting employment. All employees are required to pass a background check.
We are committed to providing a Drug and Alcohol Free workplace. We participate in e-verify.