Go back to the Job List
Heavy-Duty Tow OperatorPosted by: AATR Orlando
Posted date: May-15-2017
Heavy-Duty Tow Truck Operator
As an exclusive towing services provider for Orange County government; Rapid Incident Scene Clearance (RISC) rotation wrecker provider; and Florida Highway Patrol (FHP) law enforcement rotation provider, we are expanding our heavy duty specialized transport services and are hiring Heavy-Duty Tow Truck Operators. All Operators must ensure the that company assets are operated in a secure manner consistent with company policies and procedures and in adherence with applicable local, state and US Department of Transportation Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration rules and regulations.
The Heavy-Duty Tow Truck Operator must possess a Commercial Driver License (CDL) with “N”, “P” and “T” endorsements. A valid medical card is required. Safety Performance History Records will be requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Heavy-Duty Tow Truck Operator must possess at least 5 years’ experience in the following:
· Operating heavy duty wrecker in a safe manner
· Clearing accidents involving heavy-duty vehicles
· Towing tractor-trailers, buses, box trucks, equipment and other medium and heavy duty vehicles and machinery
· Loading and unloading materials/equipment
· Keeping trip record on log; fuel usage log; and reports defects in the vehicle operated, accidents, traffic violations or damage to the vehicle.
· Must be available to work nights and weekends
Education & Specialized Knowledge:
· High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
· Must be 23 years old or older due to meet insurance requirements
· Attention to detail
· Able to meet daily deadlines efficiently, work well under stress, and in inclement weather conditions
· Knowledge of geographic areas of operation by the type of transport driven (in-town, in- state and interstate and vehicle size)
· Basic computer and data entry skills required
· Effective time management skills required
AATR Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a condition of employment, candidates are required to sign a drug and alcohol free workplace agreement. Following an offer of employment, and prior to starting employment, individuals must pass pre-employment drug and alcohol tests. These tests will be paid for by AATR Orlando. CDL drivers must pass a complete physical and pre-employment drug and alcohol screen prior to starting employment. All employees are required to pass a background check.
We are committed to providing a Drug and Alcohol Free workplace. We participate in e-verify.